Hello, my name is Ivan. Nice to meet you.
Me in a few words: Engineering director. Software Architect. Speaker. Crafter. Deeply curious. In love with life.
I live in Berlin, Germany.
Whatever the reason, just drop me a line, be it in less than 140 character or in a full-blown email. If you’d prefer to communicate securely, here’s my PGP key.
Also if the roads brings you to Berlin, I’m probably interested in meeting you.
- JAX 2017: Designing highly-available Service with Data Consistency
- W-JAX 2016: Using static languages for automation, a Scala case study
- Scala.IO 2016: Black-box testing with custom testkits
- Delivery of Things World 2016: Driving cultural change
- BOB Konf 2016: Type Classes for OO programmers, a Scala journey
- DevOpsDays Berlin 2015: Using static languages for automation, a Scala case study
- GOTO Amsterdam 2015: Putting more Dev in DevOps
- Craft-Conf 2015: Evening Coding Dojo
- Agile Testing Days 2014: Transformation Priority Premise
- CVWW 2011: Addressing false alarms and localization inaccuracy in traffic sign detection and recognition
… and various meetups and open spaces
I’m passionate about Software Craftsmanship. Here are some related things I’m doing:
- I’ve helped grow Software Craftsmanship meetup in Berlin from 50 to 2500 members
- I’ve organised SoCraTes 2015 & 2016 – International Software Craftsmanship and Testing Conference
- I’ve been global coordinator for Global Day of Coderetreat 2015 & 2016
- I’ve also organized various other events including Coderetreats, Scala and Puppet meetups
… and I just love exchanging ideas and experience with like-minded people at conferences or wherever we happen to be at the time. :)
About this blog
I’m using this space to occasionally share my thoughts in a written form. Hopefully you’ll like it. :)
If you’d like to keep track of the future posts, you can do so here.